Monday, March 21, 2011

Boxing Glove

So most of you know that Abe cut his left hand on Sat afternoon.  I was in Garden watching a friend play basketball when Abe's sister in law called me and told me that Abe's dad was taking him to Satanta to the ER because he sliced his hand open.  Abe told me at lunch that he was going to put a windshield in one of the trucks so I just assumed that he cut in on the glass - that would have been bad enough.  I called Abe's dad and asked him to tell Abe I was coming home - I honestly thought that we would get home around the same time. A few minutes after I got home Abe's dad called me and said that they were going to take x-rays and then stitch him up.  So I drove to Satanta and almost two hours after I arrived I finally got to see Abe.  Well, needless to say it was worse than slicing his hand open on a windshield.  As he was helping put in the windshield he went to reposition his foot on the tire, slipped, and cut his hand on the light bar. At Satanta the doctor put in 14 stitches and put a bandage over his hand.  This morning we went to liberal - we got there at 8:00am and a little before noon the nurse finally took him back to get prepped for surgery.  The doctor came out between 2:00 and 2:30 (I can't remember exactly) and said that surgery went well.  She fixed the tendon (sp?) in the pinky and put a pin in his ring finger because of a severed nerve.  His hand is now bandaged up like a boxing glove - hence the title of this post.  He is doing good - pain pills are working well! :)  He is taking it easy as of now, but I have a feeling that he might try to do more and more as the weeks go by!  We have to go back in two weeks to see the doctor so she can check the fingers and then I think he will be bandaged up for another four weeks, but we'll find out when we go.  Please pray for patience for Abe as it will be difficult not to do the things that he wants to do, especially as the weeks go by.

His stitches are on his palm on the thumb side.

This is how the doctor at Satanta bandaged his hand.

This is how the doctor in Liberal bandaged his hand.

The boxing glove!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment